About Wisconsin's Technical Colleges
The Wisconsin Technical College System has 49 campuses in 16 college districts throughout Wisconsin. The colleges offer more than 300 programs awarding two-year associate degrees, one and two-year technical diplomas and short-term technical diplomas. Established 100 years ago, the System is the major provider of customized training and technical assistance to Wisconsin’s business and industry community. Approximately 370,000 Wisconsinites enroll in technical colleges each year, with the equivalent of 84,000 full time students enrolled in career programs.
The mission of the Wisconsin Technical College System is to provide citizens with comprehensive technical and adult education that:
- Enables individuals to acquire the occupational education necessary for full participation and advancement in the workforce;
- Provides basic education to adequately prepare citizens who would not otherwise be able to attend college;
- Fosters economic development through on-site training and technical assistance to business, industry, and labor.
- Over 88% employed within 6 months of graduation
- 97% satisfied with their technical college education
- More than 4 of 5 graduates stay in Wisconsin after graduation
- $36,200 median salary (associate degree students)
- Graduates experience average salary growth of 48% over five years