Technical college grads experience less debt and quicker financial freedom. Here's why:
- Wisconsin technical colleges have the lowest tuition among public postsecondary institutions.
- Convenient locations often eliminate the need for room and board, saving you thousands of dollars in housing costs.
- Within six months of graduation, 91% of graduates are employed (77% in their field of study).
- Although technical college credits cost less, earnings of graduates are extremely competitive.
- The median salary for 2008 graduates with associate degrees is over $36,000.
- There are over 40 programs where the 2008 graduates had a median salary of $40,000. There are several programs where graduates earned $50,000, $60,000 or more.